Motorhome Servicing - For peace of mind choose an Approved Workshop
Motorhomes are road vehicles with moving parts, wheels, chassis and brakes, all of which need to be serviced as recommended by the base vehicle's manufacturer.
But internal habitation equipment also needs to be serviced. Equipment like cookers, heaters, fridges and electrical installations - mains and battery - all need regular safety checks. And most manufacturers' equipment warranties remain valid only if you have an annual service, so it's important to protect your investment.
The Approved Workshop Scheme is a joint enterprise between the NCC (National Caravan Council), The Caravan Club and The Camping and Caravanning Club. It is the benchmark for touring caravan and motorhome servicing
To be part of the Scheme, workshops must pass an annual inspection by a team of independent assessors and comply with the Scheme's rigorous standards - the right things done, to a high standard by the right people.
What will the workshop offer?
By choosing an Approved Workshop, you can be sure that the technician working on your touring caravan or motorhome is a fully qualified servicing professional, trained to nationally-recognised standards.
Each Approved Workshop also meets high standards of competency and complies with a Code of Practice. This means that all Workshops will:
- Display a menu of pricing, specifying labour rates
- Provide an estimate for additional servicing or repair work over £150
- Give an estimated time for completion and collection
- Use genuine spare parts where available
- Ensure all work is carried out using skill, care and professional judgement
- Always provide you with a check list of work done
- Not start work without your express authority
- Contact you for authority to continue if additional work is identified
- Notify you in writing of faults which are not rectified with an honest assessment of the urgency of the repairs
To find your nearest Approved Workshop, visit the Approved Workshop Scheme website.